Basanta's ventures

Posted On 03 May 2011 | By Glamour Nepal
A successful businessman, dedicated Constituent Assembly member and a passionate lyricist, Basanta Chaudhary is a firm believer in hard work. Finalizing the launch of his fourth music album “Only Love”, the “Shanti Lukau Kaha”
Writing
I have been writing since the past 20 years and have never forced myself to write. Having being raised in a family that appreciates art and literature, I always had an inclination toward reading and writing. Although I didn’t study humanities and pursued my career in business, I never stopped  putting pen to paper to express my feelings.

Being a businessman and a lyricist
I never see writing as a hindrance to my work. In fact it’s a way to vent out my frustrations, inspire myself and channel my positive energy to produce inspiring pieces. My work as a CA member and industrialist is demanding. Writing is a way to escape that world, explore the other side of my character. I do not see myself as an exception. There are many individuals who have succeeded in two professions.

About your upcoming album “Only Love”
I believe the album will stand out in the market. Not only because the lyrics to the album have been penned by me but because technically the album is very updated. We have done the mixing of the album in Mumbai with some very fine Indian musicians. Two of the songs in the album have been sung by renowned Indian singers, Kailash Kher and Shreya Ghosal. Nhyoo Bajracharya has put in extra effort and it truly reflects while you listen to his compositions.

Working with Kher and Ghosal
Both the singers were very professional. Kher finished recording his song within 45 minutes and Ghosal sang with the same mood that was required for the song. The Mumbai Entertainment Industry is truly international. Indian singers are not unapproachable. You need to cater to their price and once they look at your lyrics, if they find it worthy, they will easily give you the green signal.
Favorite track from “Only Love”
Chalecha Basanta sung by Shreya Ghosal. I wrote the song during a family trip to California last year. It’s a sentimental track. I hope it will strike a chord with the audience.

A Nepali contemporary lyricist you admire
Dinesh Adhikari. His words are magical. He has collaborated successfully with veteran Nepali singers like Narayan Gopal to popular contemporary Nepali artistes.

Someone you want to collaborate with in the future
I’m a great fan of Karna Das but hadn’t had the opportunity to work with him. Once he returns to Nepal from the US, I would love to get in touch with him and have him sing one of my creations.

The Nepali music industry
Although termed as an industry, the Nepali music scene has a long way to go in terms of the use of modern technologies and professionalism. The market, however, is seeing a change; the Nepali audience has become choosy. They will not accept anything that is given to them; they look for freshness and originality. Most albums in the market today lack these qualities and fail miserably.

Our singers, however, must be credited for their talents. They can match any international star given their voice quality and dedication which is praise worthy. While recording Ciney Gurung’s song in Mumbai, Indian musicians were mesmerized by her voice.

CG Entertainment
CG Entertainment will be launched together with Only Love on Thursday. The entertainment company is an outcome of the hurdles I faced while releasing my album. I believe that if we want the Nepali entertainment industry to make a place for itself in the international market, we need strong production houses.

CG Entertainment will provide services of production and marketing. It will bring into function indoor and outdoor shooting studios and multiplexes for film screenings. The company will also provide a platform for talented new Nepali artists. 

SUBSCRIBE YOUTUBE CHANNEL